Breakfast and lunches, contracted through Southwest Foodservice Excellence (SFE), are provided daily on all five school campuses. The goal of the program is to provide a nutritionally balanced meal to all students each day in accordance with the Federal Child Nutrition Program regulations and guidelines.
High school students have the option of a deli sandwich, salad bar, around-the-world bar, second entree or A la carte. Middle School students have the option of a second entree, chef salad or Ala carte.
Please call Data Specialist, Sue Manion, at 816-540-3161, ext. 6114 for questions or more information on Free and Reduced.
Please call Food Service Director, Steve Swigert, 816-540-5148 for questions regarding incorrect charges or balances on student lunch accounts.
Free Breakfast and Lunch 21/22 School Year
SFE is providing posters (see links below) to help students and their parents to better understand the free meals available to students at breakfast and lunch.
- Breakfast Meals are ‘items’
- Free Meals consist of any three items in the breakfast menu, but MUST have ½ cup fruit as one of the selections.
- Lunch Meals are ‘food groups’
- Free Meals must take 3 or more items from the categories of Fruits, Vegetables, Grains, Protein or Dairy (Milk). Must have at least ½ cup of fruit OR vegetable to make it a meal.
- Any and all Al-A-Carte items do not qualify for meal items or components. Examples are: chips, cookies, ice cream, beverages like Gatorade and any single item from the daily menu WITHOUT the required meal components. Examples: Cheeseburger only, side of vegetables only, breakfast sandwich only, or combinations of daily featured items and al-a-carte items. Example: Cheeseburger with chips & Gatorade. All meals or items that do not fall within the Free Meal category will be put on the students account and the items will need to be paid for.
- The cafeteria staff will make every effort to guide the students to get the Full Meals.
Breakfast and Lunch Menus are viewable via the Nutrislice site: https://pleasanthillschools.nutrislice.com/
November 2021 - Thanksgiving Meals
- Primary School, Nov. 18
- Elementary School, Nov. 19
- Intermediate School, Nov. 15
- Middle School, Nov. 16
- High School, Nov. 17
Nutrislice (Online Menu)